Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Another addition

Well, it has been a bit since my last post, but you might know that a few days ago, I lost one of my jumping spiders due to an accident while I was chasing it around the counter when the stapler managed to kill it. Funny thing is the next day as I am at my locker, my friend that was in the science lab walks up to me and says he caught a jumping spider. (His locker is next to mine.) I thought that was pretty cool and I thought that he was going to keep it for himself. Instead, the he hands me a plastic sandwich bag and says,"Here's the replacement for the other one," with a smile. I was a bit shocked and at first didn't really see the spider in the bag and thought he was joking. As I looked at it, I realized that there was indeed another spider in the bag. It is a male Phidippus Audax spider that isn't too large, but has fairly long legs. He is a pretty neat little guy. I was also happy that that day was my school's step up day and was a junior for the day, but, I was already a little late and my school does not have anything past sophomore. So I didn't have to worry about him in my locker as I wouldn't be doing anything with my books, so I didn't have to worry about squashing him. Overall, it was a pretty good day and after the day was over, I went into our science lab and added him to a baby food jar which is still in need of replacement with a jar I have at home. So now he is sitting in the lab with the others and I'm sure he will appreciate the upgrade soon.
Sorry about not updating this any sooner. I have been very busy again and life is pretty chaotic. The last thing I need to worry about is a blog and I am trying, but please bare with me until school is out. This year, I have also developed a bit of a hay fever for pretty much the first time in my life, so that is sadly making me more tired and less energetic and productive. But I am trying and will try to get some pictures of the spiders again and load them up here.

Please comment, like, and share this post. It means a lot to me and I want to share my passions with you. So please tell others about this blog. I know spiders aren't supper popular with people, but they really aren't that bad. You just have to start by getting to know a little about them and get used to them. They are pretty awesome creatures. You won't regret it!

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog! Any updates on your spiders? Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete