Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Update on Pet Jumping Spiders, Both at Home and at School. And HELLO TO 2014!!

Well, Christmas break is over and it is time to get back into the everyday grind. I had a good break and hope you did too. I wish it was longer, but then it would be harder to go back. As for the spiders, they are doing pretty well and I highly doubt they have noticed any difference in the daily routines. Marbles has built herself a whole lot of webbing all around the cage now and she even made another nesting spot on one of the Styrofoam rings. She seems happy and is doing pretty well. Devouring crikets and running about her enclosure, then watching as I walk up to her, and open the lid. She will either run for cover under the cup bottom or try to make a brake for it. Of course, she isn't fast enough and I blow a little air on her and she drops to the floor and runs for the other side. This went on for a few minutes today before she scrunched her legs up and just waited for me to go away.

The other little spiders that I have at home are doing pretty well so far. I sadly don't have anything I can feed them, so I will most likely be putting them outside this evening when I get home. They do seem to be bored except chase each other around in the jar. There are three of them now and if you saw the post I made the other night, you will know about the first two. During dinner, which was after that post, I saw another one wandering along the wall and ceiling and had to catch it before one of my parents disposed of it. It is the smallest out of the group, each of them are most likely juviniles which happen to be not more than a couple months at the most in age. Each of them is small enough that if they would sit still and not try to eat each other for just a minute, I could easily fit them on my thumb nail. However, if they are adults of some micro dwarf species, they are impressive. I think they are the cutest jumping spiders you could ever see apart from the Peacock Spiders, which happen to be about the same size. I did try to take pictures of these little guys, but I couldn't get my camera to focus on them very well, and they moved way to quickly.

Thanks for checking out this blog! If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as I can.

Other awesome blogs to check out:

Bills Cars and Computers
Graspvitality
Nathan3000368

No comments:

Post a Comment