Monday, December 2, 2013

Marbles update!

Well, it is December 2, 2013 and I spotted Marbles today in the science lab! A friend of mine and I tried to capture her, but she ran back under the rail in the sliding window. She seems to be fine for the most part and her abdomen appeared to be full. I was hoping to put her back in the cage, but I will have to wait for a while until she comes back out into a more open area to catch her. I will let you know when I see her next and if I am able to capture her again.

3 comments:

  1. how do you know that the spider you saw was marbles??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty rare to find at this time of year and where I found her, it was really close to where her cage is. And for the most part, they don't travel very far, so I can guess that it is her. And before she was "let free", she didn't like the pencil I was using to handle her and she made the same threat pose to the pencil when I went to get her out of the window rail. It's pretty rare to find a different jumping spider that will do that right off the bat.

      Delete
    2. Well that's good. I hope you find her. You should definitely make like a bigger cage for her. Also you should post a picture of the full cage that you had for her.

      Delete